Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BOLD

It's amazing the influence technology can have on us. In many ways media can spread lies, but it can also be used to spread truth. These are two videos that I absolutely love...




These videos are powerful and inspirational. Being in a new place, I am forced to constantly go out of my comfort zone. I am forced to talk to new people and to build new relationships. God is teaching me more and more to find confidence in him and who he created me to be.

Lately I feel like God is not only teaching me to be confident in meeting new people, but to be bold in sharing my faith. The world is full of death and I know the cure. I have a relationship with Jesus and it is selfish of me to not share the Gospel with everyone I meet. I know the cure to the disease that affects all of mankind...and yet I know many people who do not know Jesus.

Its not my job and not in my capability to save lives. But Jesus doesn't call us to save lives...he calls us to share the gospel. Even that seems too hard for me sometimes. I am too timid, self conscious, and prideful to share the good news with those who need to hear it.

How then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one who they have not heard? And how can they without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Romans 10:14-15

These videos inspire me to share what I believe with others, to be bold and focus my life, relationships, and conversations on God. But I can't do it on my own, I am timid,self conscious, and prideful without Jesus. It is amazing the way God can use me when I focus my life on  him. And how blessed are we to be part of his greater plans, that we can glorify our God!?

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from is love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
Philippians 2:1-2

What does it mean to be like minded? I think of the way Jesus loved. They way that he saw and acknowledged everyone who crossed his path. How hard is that? Yet I am too shy to say hi to people I do not know. But God is not finished with me. He continues to transform me, to give me confidence and a desire to meet others. So whether its my classmate sitting next to me, the employee at the grocery store, or a passerby on the sidewalk, I want acknowledged everyone. Don't let anyone go unseen. Show others God's love the same way he shows me his love everyday. 

So my goal...be bold. Set myself aside, give my worries and insecurities to God, and put Jesus first so that he may use me and so I can see that he is at work all around me. God is good. And I am excited to see what God has planned for this semester. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment