Wednesday, December 28, 2011

weddings, christmas, and snow

Christmas break has been amazing. To start, I got to go to not one but two amazing weddings! First was Danielle's wedding. Danielle was my young life leader in high school and she is one of the coolest people i know so of course she had an awesome hipster feather wedding. The best part was that I got to go with five of my best friends. We all flew into Austin and got a hotel room. Lets just say it was a weekend full of adventures. We shaved our legs, helped each other do hair and make up, put on our heels, and made out way to the wedding!






I love Danielle and I am so glad that I got to celebrating this amazing day with her and Josh. Danielle was a great young life leader who not only brought me closer to God, but also to my amazing friends, or "chickens" as Danielle called us. Thanks to young life, I was blessed with the best friends in high school I could have ever asked for. We had some amazing times together but what makes us so close is the fact that our relationships can be centered on Christ. And I am so thankful for Mama Hen and all my fellow Chickens!

Next wedding...my cousin Mandy! I have always looked up to Mandy, more than most people probably know. She has been a great example to me of what it looks life to let Christ live through you. She honors God in all that she does, including in her marriage. I hope one day I will do the same.


Finally after two weddings in one weekend I was off to Colorado. First day back I went snowboarding in winter park. I couldn't be happier to live in Colorado.

That nigth I had the best Christmas party with my best friends. Its a great tradition we started last year...we all have secret santas, we pick a theme and dress up, we each make food, and we spend the night acting goofy, laughing, and catching up. Again, I have the best friends in the world.

Theme this year was tacky christmas outfits. Too much fun.


Then I went snowboarding a couple more times and before I knew it Christmas was here!! It was a good Christmas. And now it is almost new years. Then I will be starting a new semester at UNC. I wish time would slow down...life changes too fast sometimes. As fast as this break has gone, I have enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment